You are hereFellowship Program
Fellowship & Attending Registrar Program
|1. Duration.||5. Syllabus.||9. Promotion.|
|2. Rotation and training.||6. Certification.||10. Terms & conditions.|
|3. Time table.||7. Recruitment.||11. Reference and supporting document.|
|4. Duties & privileges.||8. Selection process.|
- Each year of training starts at 1st of June and ends by 30th of May.
- During 1st three years, fellows should rotate in all divisions of the specialty.
- Practice should be directed towards acquiring clinical skills, up to date knowledge, advanced levels of all investigations and procedures.
- During the 4th and 5th years: fellow/ attending registrar will be assigned to a subspecialty unit according to their performance in the past three years. Selection with be made to satisfy their requests, but will be subject to availability. A matching process may be applied if needed.
- Fellow/ Attending Registrar will work 5 days/ week from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m or from 3:00 to 11:00 p.m.
- They will have one day off (Saturday or Thursday) in addition to Friday.
- Each fellow/ attending registrar will have 6 on call night shifts per month (including one Friday in each month).
- Salary is based according to the above time table and not on hourly basis.
- Annual Leave :
- Fellows/ Attending Registrar will be given 3 weeks/year annual leave
- Maximum divided on two periods.
- Each period should not exceed more than 2 weeks.
- Annual leaves will be determined provisionally for all fellows/ attending registrar at the beginning of each year.
- Fellows/ Attending Registrar will have a detailed description of their duties and privileges. They should stick to their responsibilities very tightly.
- They should attend all rounds, consultations, MDM and ER calls.
- They should have two rounds on patients/day one in the morning and one in afternoon.
- Each patient admitted to hospital will be followed by fellows/attending registrar, who should follow him from his admission till discharge. The fellow/attending registrar will be responsible for completeness of all patients' documents. He/She should make sure that all orders are properly done.
- The fellow/attending registrar will be responsible for the training and teaching of the residents.
- During the 4th and 5th year, they will work in sub-specialty units, they should follow the polices of these units and stick to their privileges as stated in the detailed program.
- In each period of rotation, a certain syllabus is determined by the program that will be studied by the fellows & attending registrars.
- Fellows & Attending Registrar should achieve the following certification during there 5 years of training:â€śMD degree or
equivalent degreeâ€ť from an accredited university.
- Fellows / Attending Registrars will be recruited each year, the number of candidates will vary according to each programs' requirements.
- Annual recruitment will be through newspaper advertisement.
- Applying candidates will undergo a thorough selection process.
- Maximum 2 candidates will be selected and another 2 should be selected in the waiting list.
- Candidates should be holding "Master degree in desired specialty" from accredited university, completed their residency period for three years in a tertiary centre and have no military obligation.
- Minimum graduation grade is very good and preferably excellent, and master grade of good and preferably very good.
- ECFMG certificate or a previous fellowship or any other medical education is considered as an asset.
- Evaluation will be according to:
Graduation grade 25% of score Master grade 25% of score DAF exam 25% of score Residency training 25% of score
- The interview process will be in two steps:
- Department interview with three consultant members from the department.
- Senior hospital management interview with the head of medical council and the general manager (or CEO) of the hospital.
- Other certificates than specialty master degree will not qualify the candidate for this position. However, if the applicant is holding an MD degree in general medicine (or equivalent), he might be given the chance to join this position. In such case he should complete the master degree in desired specialty within 12 months (otherwise his/her fellowship program will be terminated).
ANNUAL APPRAISAL WILL BE DONE AT THE END OF EACH YEAR.
- Fellows & Attending Registrar who completed the 5 years successfully have the chance to join DAF as full time attendant (once they finished their MD degree).
- They will be offered to travel for international training during their fellowship/attending registrar program according to availability.
- Fellows will have a full time contract with the hospital for 5 years.
- They are not allowed to practice in any facility other than Dar Al Fouad.
- They will be offered a certificate of completion after 3 years for the general part and another one after the 2 years of subspecialty. No recommendation letters will be given before these dates.
If the candidate is selected for an interview the following documents should be provided during interview:
- Personal statement
- Two letters of recommendations
- A copy from the medical diploma and master degree.
- Photo ID
- A proof of residency period.
The policy of Dar Al Fouad hospital is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are all made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate.
Fax: +202-83560539- Attention (Medical council).
Tel: +202-8356030: 4072